Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

DIY Gold Glitter Boots


The first board I started on Pinterest was "Fashion DIY", so it feels great to be able to post about a recent fashion DIY item I have made and LOVED.

I saw this blog post on Pinterest and couldn't wait to get started.



I started by choosing the boots I was going to add the glitter to. It was an easy choice for me, as whilst I love these boots they are plain black and need some jazzing up. I sellotaped the areas to make a barrier for the glitter. I used standard sellotape, but was advised to use painters tape. I would suggest something stronger than sellotape to keep sharp lines. Make sure you cover the heels. 


I had a selection of Aleen's glue around the flat from previous DIY creations. I would suggest buying some of these glues as they are amazing. 

Mix the jewel-it glue with the glitter of choice. 


Using a foam brush or a make up sponge apply the mix of glitter and glue to the shoes


Excuse the blurry photo, it was hard to apply glue and take a photo at the same time (I am still picking glue off my phone). The glue will look a bit purple when you first apply it, but it doesn't dry purple. 



Then sprinkle glitter over the glued area, tap it down gently with your finger.
                                                          
 Then apply normal (Aleen's Tacky Glue) glue:

To not move the base layer of glue I would suggest having a thick layer of glue on the sponge and work from the bottom up. 


*as a warning glitter gets everywhere. Make sure you use something under the boot to protect the areas. The original post use a foil tray, I would recommend something which has lips which can be easily thrown away*

I left the shoes to dry over night and this is the finished product:




In Summary:


Materials:
  • Boots you want to add glitter to
  • Sellotape
  • Glitter
  • Jewel-it Glue
  • Tacky Glue
  • Foil tin (or something with sides)
Process:
  • Line out areas you want to cover in glitter with sellotape. Cover the heel in sellotape as well.
  • Mix glitter with the glue-it glitter. Apply to area with a sponge of some sort.
  • Cover the glitter and glue area with more glitter, pat down gently with fingers.
  • Cover glitter area with the tacky glue
  • Let dry
  • Wear :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment