Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

Vinted - An Overview


I have been using Vinted for the last 5 months, and I love the idea behind the website and love how it works.  The recent updates to the website and app have made it so user friendly. I have previously blogged about all the items I have swapped. I have recently received two new items, but have yet to take good photos of them.

Most of the items I have received have been in really good condition and I have loved the items. There has been the few items that I haven't been sure of, but I have been able to swap these on. I have always told the original swapper that I am going to do this. It seems like the polite and honest thing to do, as if there isn't a problem with the item there is nothing they can do.

I feel that the Vinted Community (mostly) runs on honesty and nice people swapping nice clothes. There are the odd occasions where the deal doesn't go as smoothly, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about this. It has been really sad to see forum's discussion scams. And I hope these become less and less frequent.

For a smooth swap, my suggestions are:
  • When listing items, be honest about the quality and price of the garment. 
  • Take good clear photos. The items I have been the happiest with, are ones where I know what I am expecting very clearly. 
  • Talk to the person on the other end of the swap, be polite and have manners. It is a shame that this has to be said, but I have had a couple of very blunt and rude people message about my items. 
  • If you are uncomfortable with a deal, is it really worth going through with it and potentially losing out? 
  • Look at peoples feedback (and leave each other feedback). This is a good indicator of the other person. 
  • Most important, enjoy the site! 
Someone, at some point had an idea to make a platform to allow women to swap and sell their clothes, respect what they have built, it is beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment