Pages

Saturday 8 November 2014

Updating Boots

A few weeks ago my parents met my boyfriends parents in my home town of Abergavenny. And since I have last been there the charity shops have seriously improved. I could have spent all day going in and out of them, however there were parents to meet and entertain.

When I was able to slip into a few shops I was amazed at the bargains I found, one of them were these boots:

They were only £6.50 and didn't look as if they had been worn. And whilst they aren't the normal type of boots I would go for, I couldn't resist them. Later I decided I would buy some gold studs and would use a bit of DIY and sparkle they could really unique shoes. 

 So I bought 50 gold studs from ebay:
I left about an inch of space between each stud and pushed them into the boot. If I was going to do this again, I would look for an instrument to help me push the studs in. After doing both studs, I had lost the feeling in both thumbs...




 The almost finished project:


In total the boots cost £7.50, and I am really happy with the (almost) finished product (ignore back of left boot). 

No comments:

Post a Comment